Gonzalo Ramón (1912 – ????) was an Ecuadorian novelist, poet, essayist, and literary critic. He authored 3 novels: “Tierra baldía” (1957), “Clavellina” (1971), and “Guandal” (1976), which won the National Literature Award. His long poem, “Elegía de la creación, carta a mi hija” was published in 1965. He also wrote essays and literary criticism on Ecuadorian poet César Dávila Andrade and others.
- “Clavellina” (1971) received a prize from the National Union of Journalists.
- In 1976, he published “Guandal,” a novel that received First Prize in the 1975 National Novel Contest of the Ecuadorian House of Culture and received the award of “First Place Finalist” in the International Hispano-American Novel Contest of Editorial Alfaguara in 1974.
- Tierra baldía (Editorial Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, 1957)
- Clavellina (Editorial Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, 1971)
- Guandal (Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, 1976), Premio Nacional de Literatura 1975
- Elegía de la creación, carta a mi hija (Editorial Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, 1965)
- César Dávila Andrade: mago de la poesía en La poesía ecuatoriana (Editorial Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, 1969)
- Ensayos sobre César Dávila Andrade, Miguel Zambrano, y notas sobre varios poetas ecuatorianos (Editorial Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana, 1969)
Gonzalo Ramón also left unpublished novels including:
- El Dr. Ribera
- Los Pastor
- Azúcar Amargo