Horacio Mendoza Parraga (Portoviejo, 1947) is an Ecuadorian poet, writer, and university professor. He is the author of several poetry collections. He is known as a lyrical, social and romantic poet, and his poems have also been included in various anthologies. In 1971, he won first prize in a national poetry contest organized by the House of Ecuadorian Culture. In 1968, 1972, and 1973, he received honorable mentions in the Ismael Pérez Pazmiño National Poetry Contest. He has served as Councilor of the Portoviejo canton; Director of the Municipal Board of Culture of Portoviejo; President and Executive Director of the Manabí Rehabilitation Center; and has been the President or Director of several private companies. He is currently the Director of Culture at the Universidad Particular San Gregorio in Portoviejo.
- House of Ecuadorian Culture 1972 and 1973.
- Illustrious Municipality of the Portoviejo Canton 1975.
- National Assembly of Ecuador 2010.
- Second Mention of Honor. Illustrated Poem Contest. House of Ecuadorian Culture, Manabi, 1968.
- Fourth Mention of Honor. “Ismael Pérez Pazmiño” National Poetry Contest, El Universo newspaper, 1968.
- Second Mention of Honor. “Ismael Pérez Pazmiño” National Poetry Contest, El Universo newspaper, 1972.
- Fourth Mention of Honor. “Ismael Pérez Pazmiño” National Poetry Contest, El Universo newspaper, 1974.
- Second Mention of Honor. National Poetry Contest of the House of Ecuadorian Culture, Tungurahua, 2010.
- De puertas para afuera (1972)
- La huella del sol (1975)
- Dulte (1978)
- Los rostros de la felicidad (1982)
- Formalmente informal (1988)
- 25 años de Poesía (1993)
- El vuelo perdurable (2011)