Juan Jacobo Melo Fierro (Tulcán, 1973) is an Ecuadorian writer, critic and essayist. He has a masters degree in Latin American Literature from the Private Technical University of Loja. Some of his work has been published in prestigious literary magazines in Ecuador as well as Spain, Mexico, Chile and Argentina. Some of his essays have been translated into English and French.
- International Essay Award “Limaclara.” Buenos Aires- Argentina, March, 2012.
- International Merit Award, Ministry of Culture of Ecuador, Quito, December 2012.
- International Jury of the literary competition “Ana María Agüero Melnyczuk Awards,” Buenos Aires.- Argentina, June, 2015.
- “Letras de Iberoamérica” Award, Mexico City, July, 2017.
- “La sombra de Eros, o la plenitud oculta del ser,” Editorial “Margen Cero”, Madrid, 2010.
- “Breve exégesis del último hombre”, revista “Ariadna,” Madrid, 2012.
- “Signos de la transgresión”. Editorial “El Conejo,” Quito, 2013.
- “El filósofo y la montaña,” revista “Crítica”. Santiago de Chile, 2015.
- “Entre Nietzsche y Montalvo,” revista Aqueronte”, Buenos Aires, 2016.
- “La sombra de Paganini, Revista “Le miau noir.” Madrid, 2017.