Juan Romero Vinueza (Quito, 1994) is an Ecuadorian poet and editor. He has published the following poetry books: “Revólver Escorpión” (2016), “39 poemas de mierda para mi primera esposa” (2018), and “Dämmerung [o cómo reinventar a los ídolos]” (2019), which was given Honorable Mention in the 2019 Jorge Carrera Andrade National Poetry Award. He co-edited the anthology “Despertar de la hydra: antología del nuevo cuento ecuatoriano” (2017) with Abril Altamiro, which won the Ecuadorian Ministry of Culture and Heritage’s 2016-2017 Competitive Funds incentive. He and Kimrey Anna Batts edited and translated “País Cassava / Casabe Lands” (2017), a binational anthology of stories from Ecuador and Nigeria. In 2021, a collection of his poetry was published in an anthology titled “Ínfimo territorio kamikaze.”
He has a B.A. in Literature from Ecuador’s Pontifical Catholic University and a Master’s degree in Latin American Literature from Mexico’s University of Guanajuato.
- Revólver Escorpión (2016)
- 39 poemas de mierda para mi primera esposa (2018)
- Dämmerung [o cómo reinventar a los ídolos] (2019)
- Ínfimo territorio kamikaze (2021)
- Despertar de la hydra: antología del nuevo cuento ecuatoriano (2017) with Abril Altamiro
- País Cassava / Casabe Lands (2017) with Kimrey Anna Batts