Salvador Izquierdo, pseudonym of Jorge Izquierdo Salvador (London, UK, 1980) is an Ecuadorian writer. He has dual British and Ecuadorian citizenship. He earned a PhD in Latin American studies from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. His first novella “El deslenguado de Portete” (2006) was the Second Prize winner of the Medardo Ángel Silva Award. Along with Javier Izquierdo, he is the co-screenwriter of the films “Un Secreto en la Caja” (2016) and “Panamá” (2019). In 2019, Izquierdo’s novel “El nuevo Zaldumbide” [The New Zaldumbide] was awarded the Joaquín Gallegos Lara National Fiction Prize for best novel of the year.
- 2006: Pablo Palacio Award for a short story.
- 2006: Medardo Ángel Silva Award for his novella “El deslenguado de Portete.”
- 2008: Second Prize for his short story book “Autogol” from the Ministry of Culture.
- 2019: Joaquín Gallegos Lara National Fiction Prize for his shot novel “El nuevo Zaldumbide.”
- El deslenguado de Portete (2006)
- Una comunidad abstracta (2015)
- Té Faruru (2016)
- El nuevo Zaldumbide (2019)
- Autogol (2008)
- Te perdono régimen (2017)
- ¿Cómo estás? (2020)9