Ana Cecilia Blum (Guayaquil, March 17, 1972) is an Ecuadorian poet, essayist, fiction writer, editor, translator and journalist. She studied political and social sciences at the Vicente Rocafuerte Secular University in Guayaquil. She earned a postgraduate degree in “Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language” from Colorado State University (U.S.). She is the founder and editor-in-chief of the digital magazine Metaforología which publishes poetry, fiction and essays. She currently lives between Ecuador and the United States. Some of her work has been translated into English, French, Italian and Portuguese.
Ana Cecilia Blum is a member of the following organizations
- House of Ecuadorian Culture (Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana)
- Contemporary Writers Association of Chimborazo (Asociación de Escritoras Contemporáneas del Chimborazo).
- Áncoras (2015; poetry)
- Absurdities (Ficciones breves y otras líneas) (2013; short stories)
- Todos los Éxodos: (Poesía) (2012; poetry)
- Rituales (2016; poetry)
- Descanso sobre mi sombra (1995; poetry)
- La que se fue (2008; poetry)
- Libre de Espanto (2012; poetry and prose)
- Donde duerme el sueño (2005; poetry)
- La voz habitada (2008; poetry; co-author)
Her poems have been included in the following anthologies
- Poetas de la Mitad del Mundo (2013)
- Apartar lo blanco de la luz: 33 poetas ecuatorianos del siglo XXI (2011)
- Poesía Erótica de Mujeres, Antología del Ecuador (2001), read it for free here.
She has written the foreword of the following book:
- El arte de perder. The Art of Losing. Bilingual Spanish – English (2017) by Manuel Adrián López.
Some other publications where her poems have been published
- Punto de Partida, la revista de los estudiantes universitarios, Number 160, (2010) read it for free here.