Francisco Santana Segura (Guayaquil, 1968) is an Afro-Ecuadorian novelist, short story writer and journalist. He has worked as a writer for the newspapers El Universo and El Telégrafo, and the magazines SoHo and Mundo Diners. His latest novel is La Piel es un Veneno (2020). His genre, often described as “dirty realism,” by critics delves deep into the gritty and unfiltered aspects of life, painting vivid pictures of reality.
Interview with Francisco Santana
- Historia sucia de Guayaquil (2013)
- Pequeñas historias cochinas
- La piel es un veneno (2020)
- Ecuador Escondido, Crónicas
- Ecuador Escondido, Relatos