Enrique Avellán Ferrés (Guayaquil, December 11, 1904 – Quito, 1984) was an Ecuadorian novelist and playwright. He is the author of the novel “La enorme pasión,” the three-act play “Como los árboles,” (1927), and the musical fantasy “La rebelion del museo,” (1969). He studied at the University of Guayaquil where he earned a degree in social and political sciences.
- Enrique Avellán Ferrés received multiple literary prizes.
- In 1927 Avellán Ferrés, Hugo Mayo, and María Luisa Lecaro won the Savia Magazine Poetry Contest in Guayaquil.
- La enorme pasión (Enormous Passion)
- Como los árboles (1927; Like the Trees)
- El mismo caso (1938; The Same Case), read it for free here.
- Sin caminos (1939; Without direction)
- Manos de criminal (1939; Criminal Hands), read it for free here.
- Clarita la negra (1966; Black Clarita)
- Tiempo y ausencia (1969; Time and Absence)
- Correntada (1969; River Current)
- La rebelion del museo (1969; Rebellion in the Museum)
- Teatro para niños (1973; Children’s Theater)
- Tablero: cuentos (1941)