Euler Granda was an Ecuadorian poet, writer, and psychiatrist. He was born in Riobamba on June 7, 1935 and died in Portoviejo on February 22, 2018. Granda is the author of 17 books of poetry. In 2009 he was awarded the Eugenio Espejo Prize, Ecuador’s highest literary honor.
Granda was born in Riobamba, Ecuador, on June 7, 1935, to Aurora Espinoza and Ángel Polibio Granda. He was married to the poet Violeta Luna, with whom he had four children. After he and Luna divorced, he married Ximena Mendoza Párraga, also a poet. They had no children.
Documentary on Ecuadorian poet Euler Granda
Euler Granda reading his poem “La droga” (“The Drug”) at the XII International Poetry Festival of Medellín, Colombia
- Eugenio Espejo Prize in Literature (2009)
- Jorge Luis Borges International Poetry Prize (1987)
- First Place in El Universo’s “Ismael Pérez Pazmiño” Poetry Prize (1961)
- El rostro de los días (1961) winner of the “Ismael Pérez Pazmiño” Poetry Prize
- Voz desbordada (1963)
- Etcétera, etcétera (1965)
- El lado flaco (1968)
- El cuerpo y los sucesos (1971)
- La inutilmanía y otros nudos, Poesía y Un perro tocando la lira