Sara Vanégas Coveña is an Ecuadorian writer and teacher. She was born in Cuenca on October 19, 1950. In 1971 she attended the Goethe Institute in Munich on a scholarship, where she earned a doctorate in Germanistics. She has taught at the University of Munich and at Bielefeld University. She is currently a professor at the Universidad del Azuay, Cuenca. She was named a Universal Ambassador of Peace, and a corresponding member of the Asociación Prometeo de Poesía (Madrid), a gay and Lesbian literary organization. In 2000 and 2004, she won the Jorge Carrera Andrade National Poetry Prize.
- 90 poemas (1981)
- Luciérnaga y otros textos (1982)
- Entrelíneas (1987)
- Indicios (1988)
- PoeMAR (1994)
- Más allá del agua (1998)
- Antología personal (2000)
- Al andar (2004)
- Literatura infantil: Yo soy chica (2005)
- Versos trashumantes (2004)
- Sara Vanegas Coveña. Poesía junta (2007)
- Mínima antología poética (2010)
- De la muerte y otros amores (2014)
- Poesía Ecuatoriana (Antología Esencial) (2019)
Prizes and Acknowledgements
- In 2000 and 2004, she won the Jorge Carrera Andrade National Poetry Prize.
- In 2001, she won the Hoja de Encina Prize of the Asociación Prometeo de Poesía.
- In 2017, she received the Doctor Matilde Hidalgo de Procel Award of Cultural Merit, bestowed by the National Assembly of Ecuador.