Antonio Clímaco Toledo Sánchez (1868-1903) was an Ecuadorian poet. His poetry was influenced by Romanticism and Neoclassicism. He has been compared to the Spanish poet Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer. In 1915 a posthumous collection of his poetry was published in a book titled Poesías, prologued by José Trajano Mera.
- Dolores Veintimilla de Galindo (1829 – 1857)
- Numa Pompilio Llona ( 1832-1907)
- Julio Zaldumbide (1833 – 1881 )
- Luis Cordero (1833 -1912 )
- Juan León Mera ( 1832-1894 )
- Miguel Moreno (1851 – 1910)
- Honorato Vásquez (1855 – 1933)
Biographies about Antonio C. Toledo
“Antonio C. Toledo : poeta del amor y del infortunio” by Hugo Alemán (1947, Quito, Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana).